You are here
Sunday New York Times takes note of stirring in gold
1:17p ET Friday, March 9, 2001
Dear Friend of GATA and Gold:
GATA Chairman Bill Murphy, quot;Midasquot; to his subscribers
at www.LeMetropoleCafe.com, has just flashed the
following to his subscribers. Since I'm stealing this
for you, I'll give him the plug of urging you to
check out the cafe and consider a free trial
CHRIS POWELL, Secretary/Treasurer
Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee Inc.
* * *
March 9, 2001
Gold Alert .....
1. Just got a call from the Comex floor. Massive buy
stops building at $272.50
2. One-month lease rate rocketed to 6.5 and 7 percent.
3. 6,500 April 270 strike gold calls expire today. They
are now in the money as April gold approaches 271.
Bad news for the shorts.
4. Rumors of sizeable call buying now showing up in
gold share equities.
5. Nearby gold in backwardation. Very bullish.